Saint-Saëns Symphony No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 78
Make 4 interest-free payments of $16.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.Sold Out
- RCA Living Stereo 200 Gram Vinyl! Cut from the Original Session Tapes!
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressings & Plated by Gary Salstrom!
- Remastered and Cut at 33 1/3rpm by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs - the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound!
This performance of the Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 (Organ Symphony) is a favorite Living Stereo release. To say that it is incredible might be an understatement. The original 3-track session tapes were used in mastering this LP in the Analogue Productions reissue series. The record reveals all of the glory of the recording and the precision and passion of Munch and the Boston Symphony Orchestra in Boston's Symphony Hall. It doesn't get any better than this.
The Symphony No. 3 in C minor, Op. 78, was completed by Camille Saint-Saëns in 1886 at what was probably the artistic peak of his career. It is also popularly known as the Organ Symphony, even though it is not a true symphony for organ, but simply an orchestral symphony where two sections out of four use the pipe organ. The composer inscribed it as: Symphonie No. 3 "avec orgue" (with organ).
"These records are definitive." -Michael Fremer, analogplanet.com
"...I'd have to say that the usual stumbling blocks have been sidestepped. Great care has been taken to do the right things, starting with the way the decision to remaster these RCAs was made...These are the best vinyl releases of RCA LPs I've yet heard." -Jonathan Valin, The Absolute Sound
• 200g Vinyl
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Lacquers Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
• Mastered from Original 3-Track Session Tapes
Boston Symphony Orchestra
Charles Munch, conductor
Berj Zamkochian, organ
Leo Litwin, piano
Bernard Zighera, piano
Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921)
Symphony No. 3
1. 1st Movement: Adagio; Allegro Moderato
2. 1st Movement: Adagio; Allegro Moderato - Concluded
3. 2nd Movement: Allegro moderato; Presto Moestoso
4. 2nd Movement: Allegro moderato: Presto Maestoso